INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHED BOOKS
- David H. Barlow & Ghazala Mahmud, Assisted conception and multiple pregnancy, Multiple Pregnancy, R. H. Ward and M. Whittle, Published by RCOG Press 1995 P.30-38.
- David H Barlow, G. Mahmud, Endometriosis, Gynecology for Postgraduates and Practitioners Reproductive Endocrinology, Urogynaecology, Clinical Gynecology, Oncology, P. 129-139, 1998. Published by B. I. Churchill Livingstone.
NATIONAL PUBLISHED BOOKS
- Protocols for the Management of Obstetric Complications.
- Developed EmOC Manual
- National protocols for common Gynaecological Problems in Pregnancy at Primary Health Care and formulated Emergency Protocols.
- Trainer’s Manual on “Management of Bleeding in Early Pregnancy” Principal Author.
- Departmental protocols for the Management of Obstetric & Gynaecological Problems at MCH Centre, PIMS.
ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES
- G. Mahmud, A. L. Bernal, P. Yudkin, W. Ledger, & D. H. Barlow, A controlled assessment of the in vitro fertilization performance of British women of Indian origin compared with white women, “Fertility & Sterility”, Official Journal of The American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, Vol. 64, No.1, 103-106, July 1995.
- G. Mahmud, et. al. ‘Referral Level Hospital Maternal Mortality Survey’. British Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology Leeds UK. July 1998. Book of Abstracts. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology July 1998, FC 15, Abs No.89 Page 35.
- The Magpie Trial Collaborative Group Maternal & Child Health Center, Islamabad. G Mahmud, S. Sarwar, N. Tasneem, A Younis Khan. Do women with pre-eclampsia and their babies, benefit from magnesium sulphate? The Magpie Trial: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. “THE LANCET”: VOL 359 JUNE 1, 2003, Page 1877-90. Published by the Lancet Publishing Group.
- K.Banagash, G.Mahmud, K.Masud and N.Tasneem, “The magpie trial : a randomized trial comparing magnesium sulphate with placebo for pre-eclampsia. Outcome for children at 18 months. BJOG An International Journal of Obstetric and Gynaecology. (March-2007) Vol.114, No.3, page 288-299.
- K.Banagash, G.Mahmud, K.Masud and N.Tasneem, “The magpie trial : a randomized trial comparing magnesium sulphate with placebo for pre-eclampsia. Outcome for children at 2 years. BJOG An International Journal of Obstetric and Gynaecology. (March-2007) Vol.114, No.3, page 300-309.
- G. Mahmud, et. al. An analysis of Outpatient Hysteroscopy of 2000 cases compared with GA. ‘Is there a need for GA Hysteroscopy?’ Minimal Invasive Therapy Unit, Royal Free Hospital, Ponds Street, London, U.K. British Journal of Obs. & Gynae, U.K. (submitted).
- Mahmud G, Tasnim N, Fatima S. Oral misoprostol: A safe and effective alternative to conventional uterotonic agents in the active management of third stage of labor. South Asian Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology, September-December 2009;1(3):19-23
- Mahmud G, Zaman F, Jafarey S, Khan RL, Sohail R, Fatima S. Achieving Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 in Pakistan. BJOG 2011;118 (Supp. 2):69–77.
- G. Mahmud & S. Rana ‘Antenatal Cardiotocography in High-Risk pregnancies’, Specialist, 1985 Vol.2 No.1, 47-58. (Official Publication of Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology of Pakistan)
- G. Mahmud ‘Use of Laparoscopy in Infertility’, Pakistan Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1992 Vol.5 No.1, 60-67. (Official Publication of Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology of Pakistan)
- G. Mahmud, ‘Role of ultrasound in Labour Room’, Pakistan Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1992 Vol.5 No.1, 49-52. (Official Publication of Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology of Pakistan)
- G. Mahmud, ‘Management of Lost IUCD’, published in Pakistan Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1994 Vol.7 No.2, 43-47.
- G. Mahmud, Farhat Parveen, Syeda Batool Mazhar, ‘Medical management of ectopic pregnancy’, The Journal of Surgery, PIMS Vol. 13 & 14, P.40-41, 1997.
- G. Mahmud, Shamila Habib, Ayesha Haroon, ‘Disseminated intravascular coagulation in pregnancy’ The Journal of Surgery, PIMS Vol. 15 & 16, P.57-60, 1998.
- G. Mahmud, Nasira Tasnim & Amna Kazi, ‘Admission Biophysical Profile: A better predictor of prenatal outcome’. The Journal of Surgery, PIMS, Vol. 19&20, P. 6-11, Jul – Dec 2000.
- S.B. Mazhar, Saba Sarwar, G. Mahmud. ‘Induction of labour, A. Randomized Trial comparing Prostaglandin’ E2 pessary, interacervical Foley catheter and Extra-amniotic saline infusion, (original article) The Journal of Surgery, Vol.19-20, Pg 12-18, Jul-Dec 2000.
- Spontaneous pre labour rupture of membranes. Pakistan J.Med.Res. Vol.39.No2, 2000.
- G. Mahmud & Shamsunnisa Sadia, ‘Infertility Data of Maternal and Child Health Center’, PIMS, The Journal of Surgery, PIMS, Vol.21-22, P. 10-13, Jan – Jun 2001. Second World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paris Sept 6-9, 2001.
- Admission Biophysical Profile in low risk laboring women-analysis of perinatal outcome, Published in the proceedings of 3rd SAFOG conference held in Sirilanka 2001.
- Obstetric outcome of High Risk pregnancy in MCH Centre PIMS; Presented and latter published in the proceedings of 2nd Annual population research conference held from 31st Oct to 2nd November, 2001 at Islamabad.
- Mahmud G, Sadia S. Infertility data of Maternal & Child Health Centre, PIMS. J. Surg 2001; 21-22: 10-3
- Mahmud G, Sadia S, Rafay A. Adolescent girls reproductions health indices as seen in rural ICT, Nowshera & tertiary level hospital [abstract]. In: Malik MB, Ali Zadegan S, editor. The 2nd Royan International Research Award: Reproductive health & infertility September, 2001. Tehran: Royan Institute, 2001: 31. [http://www.royaninstitute.org]
- S. B. Mazhar, A. Peerzada, G. Mahmud, Maternal and ‘Perinatal Complications in Multiple versus Singletion Pregnancies’ A Prospective two years Study (Original article). The Journal of Pakistan Medical Association, Vol.52, No.4 Pg. 143-147, April, 2002.
- Nasira Tasnim, G. Mahmud. Impact of reduced prenatal visit frequency on obstetric outcome in low risk mothers, published in Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (JCPSP) Vol.15.No.1 (January, 2005) pp:26-29.
- Advanced abdominal pregnancy-A diagnostic and management dilemma-evidence based report. Article 10 JCPSP 2005, Vol. 15(8):493-495.
- Asad Hafeez, Ghazala Mahmud, Mumtaz Hassan, et al. Serum zinc level and effects of oral supplementation in pregnancy women. published in Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (JCPSP) Vol.15.(10) (October, 2005) pp:612-615.
- Sacrohysteropexy – A case report. Mahmud G, Rafiq F, Tasnim K. The Annals of PIMS, 2005;1(3): 175-176..
Sadia S, Mahmud G, Zafar S. The clinical pattern and major causes of primary and secondary infertility. (A study of 100 cases at MCH, PIMS). JIIMC,2006; 1 (1),42-7
- Intrapartum fetal distress on cardiotocography. Is caesarean section justified? Ann. Pak. Inst. Med. Sci. 2007:3(2)i.
- Mahmud G, Akhtar T, Sadia S. Endometriosis: Frequency and correlation between symtomatology and disease stage.. JCPSP 2007, Vol. 17 (4): 199 – 2002
- Intrapartum Fetal distress on Cardiotocography- Is cesarean section justified? The Annals of PIMS, 2007: 3(2):105-108.
Mahmud G, Shazia Fakhar. Correlation between outpatient hysteroscopy and histopathology in patient with menstrual irregularities. The Annals of PIMS, 2007: 3(3):143-147.
- Tasnim N, Mahmud G, Khurshid M. External cephalic version with satbutamol – success rates and predictors of success. Journal of the College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan, 2009. Vol. 19 (2): 71-72.
- Tasnim N, Mahmud G, Fatima S. Manual vacuum aspiration: a safe and cost-effective substitute of Electric vacuum aspiration for the surgical management of early pregnancy loss. JPMA, February 2011;61:149-53.
Submitted for publication
- Accuracy of intrapartum Cardiotocography in predicting of fetal acid base status at birth. Submitted for publication to JCPSP.
- Accuracy of intrapartum Cardiotocography and prediction of fetal acid base status at birth. Annals of PIMS.
- Tasnim Nasira, Humaira Masood, Ghazala Mahmud. Role of low dose Aspirin in prevention of intra-uterine growth restriction. Annal of PIMS.
- Clitoroplast-a case report. Published in 2008 in Annals of PIMS Frequency of HIV in pregnant women identified with a risk factor at a tertiary care hospital. Submitted to JAMC for publication
- S Fatima, N Tasnim, G Mahmud. Effect of transabdominal amnioinfusion on perinatal outcomes in preterm premature rupture of membranes. Submitted to SAFOG for publication.